Monday, January 11, 2010

Back to the Future


Time travel is not something that should be taken lightly, especially when it means that you have to spend over 18 hours on an airplane. That being said, I am sitting in the San Francisco International Airport terminal setting my watch 14 hours ahead in preparation for our trip to Hong Kong. This is the second time that I have been brave enough to travel in to the future, so I am unfortunately completely aware of what lies ahead. Aside from my fear of the mundane insanity that a long flight entails, my excitement of embarking on a once-in-a-lifetime trip with a once-in-a-lifetime love is what captures my focus. Mariana is so beautiful and elegant when she travels. She creates a calm sanctuary by expressing love and patience to a person who knows nothing of the latter when travelling. For this I am extremely grateful.

After boarding the plane and taking my seat, I naturally scanned the in-flight selections of movies, games, and most importantly alcoholic beverages. Everything seems to be in order except for the fact that they do not have any prices listed on their drinks menu. I await eager and hopeful that Cathay Pacific does in fact provide their adult patrons with free spirits.

Goodbye to the simple comforts of home...hello to the crazy adventure of the unknown.

No comments:

Post a Comment